Beedie Luminaries Scholarships offer financial assistance to promising B.C. students who are constrained by circumstances and are facing financial adversity. Basically, Beedie Luminaries removes barriers to education and supports students who are ready to achieve their dreams. So here are our tips to win the Beedie Luminaries Scholarship!
- $40,000 per student for a 4-year undergraduate degree.
- $15,000 per student for a 2-year college or trade school diploma.
- 128 scholarships awarded in 2020.
Scholarship Value Breakdown:
- $10,000 CAD per year for a bachelor’s degree program or a college university transfer program, for up to four years of funding.
- $7,500 CAD per year for a college certificate/diploma or a trades program, for up to two years of funding.
How To Apply
- Firstly, complete a short-answer questionnaire.
- Secondly, create a one-minute video about your future focus.
- Thirdly, obtain and submit the requested supporting documents.
- Transcripts (Grade 11 Marks and Grade 12 Report Card).
- Two Letters of Reference (Academic and Community-Based).
- Lastly, submit a selfie or headshot of yourself.
Also, upload the transcript and report card to the online application portal. However, both Letters of Reference are sent directly to Scholarship Partners Canada by the person who is writing the letter. It is submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line includes the Student’s First and Last Name. For more details, visit How To Apply For The Beedie Luminaries Scholarship!
If any of these documents are not received/accepted on or before January 13th, 2021 at 9 AM PST, then your application will be considered incomplete and will not be evaluated.
- Residency: A Canadian citizen or permanent resident for at least three years. Must also reside in British Columbia.
- Aptitude: Currently be in Grade 12 and have a minimum grade average of 75% in the most recently completed school year.
- Intent: Must plan to be a full-time student and use the funding for post-secondary education.
- Institution: Apply to one of the twenty-five B.C. post-secondary institutions or trade schools. For the full list of institutions, check out Beedie Luminaries Overview.
- Financial Adversity: Demonstrate your and/or your family’s financial adversity, and explain how this has affected you.
- Engagement: Need to receive an endorsement from your secondary school and a community organization.
Where To Apply
Apply through their secure, online site for post-secondary education. This is open in September at all 25 public post-secondary institutions in British Columbia. In addition, this is where to go:
- Submit an online application
- Submit your application with all supporting documentation to Scholarship Partners Canada no later than the application deadline (January 13th, 2021 at 9 AM PST).
- Applicants are notified by email when their application is received and processed by Scholarship Partners Canada.
- Visit https://portal.scholarshippartners.ca/welcome/BeedieLuminaries/ to review your scholarship application information and ensure that it is accurate.
- All communication is online via the student portal and email.
How To Follow-Up
Moreover, check the online portal to ensure that all supporting documents are received and accepted. This is the applicant’s responsibility. Also, use the portal to resubmit any lost or missing documents. Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their scholarship by May 2021.
Information To Prep For Your Submission
- Letters of Reference: Give your referees a heads up! Teachers, school counsellors, or whoever is familiar with your contribution to the community, household, volunteering, or extracurricular activities (and is not a relative). Make sure they are aware of the submission guidelines and deadlines.
- Transcripts: Contact your school for these documents.
- 1-Minute Video: Think about what your future focus is and come up with the strongest, most concise way to explain this.
- Accepting Applications: November 13, 2020 – January 13, 2021 (9 AM PST)
- Evaluating Applications: March – April 2021
- Finalist Interviews: Late April /May 2021
- Announcing the Class of 2021: Late May/June 2021
Are you looking for more tips to win the Beedie Luminaries Scholarship? Then check out the Beedie Luminaries Scholarship Winners next! So what are you waiting for?