Twenty lucky students can win a TD Scholarship for Community Leadership, which has a value of $70,000 per scholarship! This includes up to $10,000 per year for tuition and $7,500 a year for living expenses for a maximum of four years. So, here are a few tips to win TD Scholarships:
Make Sure You Are Eligible For The Scholarship
Wondering if you fulfill the TD Scholarships eligibility requirements? Basically, TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are open to students across Canada who:
- Are in their final year of high school (outside Quebec) or CEGEP (in Quebec)
- Have a minimum grade average of 75% in their most recently completed school year
- Demonstrate community leadership
If this sounds like you, then keep reading!
“Community Leadership” Should Define Your Actions
Furthermore, this scholarship is not all about classroom marks. Instead, it’s about the mark a student leaves on their community. Unique to Canada, the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are for students who nurture progress and help support change for an inclusive and sustainable future. This includes students who demonstrate outstanding dedication and commitment to trying to make the community a better place or solving a community problem such as child poverty or cleaning the environment.
- A 600-word essay describing your community leadership experience: why you got involved, how your involvement shows initiative and innovation, long-term impact, etc.
- Include the wide range of community activities you are involved in.
- Two letters of support from community groups
- Letter of recommendation from your school
- Your academic transcript
- OPTIONAL: 250-word essay outlining your family and personal life (economic situation or family employment).
- OPTIONAL: 250-word essay about your life experiences (if you took a year or more away from high school or CEGEP).
Additionally, for more details regarding the application process, please review How To Apply To TD Scholarships.
Firstly, determine what will set you apart from other candidates. What makes YOU uniquely qualified for this scholarship opportunity? Secondly, consider the following tips to win TD Scholarships:
- Follow the guidelines carefully
- Abide by word restrictions
- Respond honestly and prove that you are invested in making a significant change
- Great references are important
- Don’t compare yourself to others
- Lastly, prepare for the interview
Pay Attention To Deadlines For TD Scholarship 2021 Applicants
For students starting college or university in September 2021, all applications and supporting documents must be received no later than Friday, November 13th, 2020. Therefore, click here to register and begin your application today.
So, What Else Does the TD Scholarships for Leadership Include?
- Networking opportunities;
- Annual gatherings;
- Offers of paid summer employment; and
- Mentorship opportunities.
How Do They Choose Winners?
TD Scholarships select recipients from a pool of up to 80 finalists to interview with regional selection panels. Then at least two scholarship recipients are chosen from each of the five regions:
- British Columbia/Yukon
- Prairies/Northwest Territories/Nunavut
- Atlantic Canada
However, these are only a few tips to win TD Scholarships for Community Leadership. So, explore interviews with past winners to seek out further advice before applying. Also, prior to working on your TD Scholarships for Community Leadership application, check out what the most recent winners did to win.