Are you the type of student who helps support change, nurtures progress, and/or takes steps to better your community? TD Scholarships for Community Leadership rewards students who are committed to an inclusive and sustainable tomorrow. Instead of focusing on your grade average, the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership appraises your community contributions. So, do you want to apply for TD Scholarships?
TD Scholarships for Community Leadership Quick Overview
Twenty TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are awarded to students in their last year of high school or CEGEP. In short, recipients receive experience, opportunity, and up to $70,000 value per scholarship! Here’s a breakdown:
- $10,000 for tuition a year, up to a maximum of four years
- $7,500 a year for living expenses, up to a maximum of four years
- Networking opportunities
- Annual gatherings
- Offers of paid summer employment
- Mentorship opportunities
Am I Eligible?
Scholarship recipients demonstrate leadership in improving their community. Additionally, TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are open to students across Canada who:
- Are in their final year of high school or CEGEP
- Have a minimum grade average of 75% in their most recently completed school year
- Demonstrate community leadership
TD invests their time in hearing from students who show outstanding dedication in solving a community problem or generally trying to make their community a better place. If this sounds like you, then you could be a candidate!
How To Apply
Write a 600-word essay explaining your community leadership experience. Include detailed answers to the following questions:
- Why did you get involved?
- How does your involvement show initiative and innovation?
- Have your efforts strengthened others? Explain how.
- How long have you been involved?
- What do you think the long-term impact will be?
- How has your community affected you?
Also, include a brief description of your other community activities through:
- Two letters of support from community groups
- A letter of recommendation from your school
- Your academic transcript
To REALLY impress the panel, there is an option to include the following:
- A 250-word essay: Describe your family and personal life such as your family’s employment or economic situation.
- A 250-word essay: Focus on your life experiences if you have taken a year away from high school or CEGEP.
How Do They Choose Recipients?
TD Scholarships select recipients from a pool of up to 80 finalists to interview with regional selection panels. Then, at least two scholarship recipients are chosen from each of these regions:
- Atlantic Canada
- Prairies/Northwest Territories/Nunavut
- British Columbia/Yukon
Go to the TD website to register and begin the application process.
Important Deadline For TD Scholarship 2021 Applicants
Please keep in mind that all applications and supporting documents must be received no later than Friday, November 13th, 2020 for students starting college or university in September 2021. Therefore, to register and start your application, click here.
So, are you putting together your application for the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership? Then read Tips To Win TD Scholarships next!