So, are you interested in an undergraduate STEM scholarship?
Schulich Leader Scholarships are awarded to entrepreneurial-minded high school graduates who are enrolling in Technology, Science, Math, or Engineering at 20 partner universities across Canada.
What’s The Value of Schulich Leader Scholarships?
Each Canadian high school can nominate one graduating student every year to apply.
- Engineering scholarships are valued at $120,000.
- Science and Math scholarships are valued at $100,000.
What is STEM?
STEM is the acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, and refers to all subjects that fall under these categories.
The Schulich Leader Scholarship Vision
STEM disciplines are important to future generations. As a result, these fields have a massive impact on the world. In 2012, Seymour Schulich established this $100+ million scholarship fund to encourage bright students to become Schulich Leader Scholars.
The goal is to create the next generation of entrepreneurial-minded, technology innovators. The expectation is that Schulich Leaders will make game-changing contributions to society and can devote their full time and attention to their studies, as the financial needs for undergraduate studies are covered for the course of their Bachelor’s degree.
“Schulich Leader Scholarships are the premiere STEM scholarship program in Canada and the world. With outstanding students selected in Canada, it is all but guaranteed that this group will represent the best and brightest Canada has to offer,” said Schulich. “These future leaders will make great contributions to society, both on a national and global scale.”
Which schools are considered Schulich Leader Scholarship “Partner Universities”?
- University of Victoria
- University of British Columbia
- Western University
- Université Laval
- University of Toronto
- University of Alberta
- Dalhousie University
- Université de Montreal
- University of Ottawa
- University of New Brunswick
- Memorial University
- Simon Fraser University
- Queen’s University
- University of Calgary
- McMaster University
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Manitoba
- York University
- University of Waterloo
- McGill University
Note that each university offers its own list of eligible programs – it’s up to you to research the school you are interested in first. Then, go to the Schulich Leader Scholarship website and click on the icon for the school you wish to attend under the universities section.
Who is eligible to receive the Schulich Leader Scholarship?
- Students who are graduating from high school or Cégep in Canada.
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Must plan to enroll in an eligible STEM program at one of the 20 partner universities.
- Must demonstrate academic excellence AND leadership, charisma, and creativity.
- Are entrepreneurial-minded.
- Intend to pursue a career in technology, applied scientific research, entrepreneurship and business enterprise, or engineering.
- Financial need is taken into consideration.
Key Program Dates
Nomination Deadline (High School Submits Nominee):
Late January for the following academic year.
Nominee Submits Application:
Mid-February for the following academic year.
Universities Make Offers:
March 1 – June 15
Scholarship Winners Finalized:
By mid-June for the following academic year.
Best of luck!