Unifor recognizes that the cost associated with post-secondary education is a challenge for many working families. To assist in making education more accessible, we have established 28 scholarships of $2,000.00 each. Five of these scholarships are administered by the Quebec Council with a separate application form (see www.uniforquebec.org). Residents of Quebec must apply using that application process.
How to Apply
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for one of our 23 Scholarships.
- You are a son/daughter of a Unifor member in good standing OR you are a Unifor member.
- You are enrolling in your FIRST YEAR of full-time post-secondary education at a PUBLIC
INSTITUTION IN CANADA (university, community college, technological institute, nursing school, etc.).
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- If you are applying for a scholarship as child of a Unifor member, you must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal or community activist.
- If you are applying for a scholarship as a Unifor member, your letter of reference can also be from a Unifor or other Labour Education Discussion Leader, Local Union Committee Chair, District Labour Council, or a member of your Local Union Executive.
- If you are applying for a scholarship as a child of a Unifor member, you must include your most current transcript/record of marks.
- Your application must be submitted using the online application form no later than Friday, June 9, 2023.
Please Note: The five National and Quebec scholarships are administered by the Quebec Council
with a separate application form (see www.uniforquebec.org). Residents of Quebec must use
that application process.
You will be required to upload the following documents at the time you complete the online application:
• Letter of recommendation.
• A copy of your current transcript/record of marks (children of Unifor members only).
• A document containing your answers to the questions listed here.
• A signed copy of the Local Union Officer form certifying your eligibility for a scholarship.
All applicants will be notified by email after July 28, 2023 of the disposition of their application. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Any partially completed applications, or applications missing any of the required documents, will
result in an error message, and cannot be submitted. Please ensure you have all documents
available before submitting.