Our goal is to help Canadians make better financial decisions, and we believe that financial literacy is the key to this mission. We think that financial literacy is a lifelong commitment, and we want to encourage students to be mindful about their relationship with money early on in their lives.
For this reason, we are awarding $750 to a student every semester. All you have to do is show us how financial literacy has made a difference in your life. Tell us how you’ve budgeted, saved, invested, paid down debt, applied for as many scholarships as possible or how your side-hustle has helped you bring in extra cash. We want to know how your exceptional financial management efforts have made a positive impact in your life.
We understand that qualifying for a scholarship can be hard. That’s why we’re not asking for your grades or your GPA, and we’re leaving this open ended without any strict qualification rules. We want to hear your story! We want to know what you’ve learned and how you intend on using your financial knowledge to build a better future for yourself.
We are hand out this award three times a year. The application window you apply in will determine which round you participate in. The table below illustrates the different application windows.
|Round||Start Date||Deadline||Winner Announced|
|1||December 1||April 30||May 15|
|2||May 1||July 30||End of Summer|
|3||August 1||November 30||December 15|
How to Apply
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be 30 years old or younger.
- Must be enrolled or accepted for enrolment as a full-time or part-time student in the academic year at an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Must certify that all information provided on your application form is accurate.
- We want to hear your story! Tell us how you’ve budgeted, saved, invested, paid down debt, applied for as many scholarships as possible, or how your side-hustle has helped you bring in extra cash. We want to know how your exceptional financial management efforts have made a positive impact in your life.
- Complete the application form and attach your story at loanscanada.ca/scholarship.
We need your email and phone number so we can contact you if you win. Your information will not be shared with any third parties and will not be stored for any other purpose. If you’d like to withdraw from the award, you may do so by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.