This scholarship was established in 1976 to recognize Helen McKercher’s years of service to FWIO as Director of the Women’s Institute and Home Economics Service.
To assist a graduate student to pursue a post-graduate degree in Family and Consumer Studies, Home Economics or in a related program.
How to Apply
- Must be a resident of Ontario for five years.
- Must be a graduate of a Canadian University.
- Previous winners are not eligible.
- For the 2021 scholarship, students must complete a 750-word essay, answering the question:
“In 2020, our way of life changed as a result of the global pandemic. Explain the importance of community and how Women’s Institutes can play a role in preventing social isolation, both during this health crisis and beyond.”
- For the scholarship to be awarded, the FWIO Provincial Office must receive proof of enrolment by September 30th. After this date, scholarships are forfeited.