Mrs. Ruth A Laing created the ETHEL BOYCE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD in 1998 through a donation in memory of her sister Miss Ethel Phoebe Boyce.
Miss Boyce was an avid softball player who had a professional and personal interest in people. She was particularly interested in young people and helping them to succeed in life.
The award is administered by Softball Canada and is given annually, awarded to a female and male recipient. It is expected that the award winners will have exhibited leadership traits and skills in softball. Both recipients receive $1,000. The award is meant to help defray the costs of education and/or playing softball. The award winners will be announced at the annual Softball Canada Congress (formerly known as the Annual General Meeting).
How to Apply
- Registered with a provincial/territorial association
- A resident of the province or territory
- In attendance at a recognized Canadian post secondary educational institution
- Softball Canada by September 15 of each year must receive a letter of application, a completed application form, along with a letter of endorsement from the provincial/territorial office.
- Reference letter(s) must be included whenever possible