Each year, the Assumption Life Foundation gives out over 12 scholarships and bursaries to students who attain certain academic standards and who have demonstrated financial need.
The Lorraine LeBlanc Scholarship is awarded to a full-time student in New Brunswick who has the surname LeBlanc.
Born October 31, 1922, in Bathurst, Lorraine LeBlanc was the daughter of the late Philippe and Lucie (Hébert) LeBlanc. A retired nurse and hairdresser, she was a selfless, energetic and hard worker, with a fiery personality. Her numerous friends would also say she loved to laugh and had a “joie de vivre”. She enjoyed travelling all over the world.
A smart and well-read person, she believed in the importance of education. Her father was an Acadian leader who saw great things for the Acadian population. For these reasons, Ms LeBlanc wished to leave a scholarship as her legacy. She passed away on January 7, 2012, at the age of 89.
How to Apply
In order to qualify for the Lorraine LeBlanc Scholarship, you must:
- Have a “LeBlanc” surname;
- Be registered as a full-time student at a college or university in New Brunswick;
- Demonstrate above average educational achievement during the last year of study;
- Require financial assistance in order to pursue your post-secondary education; and
- Submit your application by September 30th of the current year.
- Fill out an electronic application form.
- Scholarship must be used for the next Fall semester.