ASHRAE serves humanity by advancing the arts and sciences of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and their allied fields. Through its scholarship program, the Society seeks to aid and motivate students worldwide to pursue an engineering or technology career in HVACR&R that will further promote sustainable technology for the built environment.
Over the course of 33 years, ASHRAE has awarded close to $4 million to over 450 deserving students.
53 Society Scholarships Available for 2023-2024:
Presidents Scholarship (Annual Application Deadline: December 1)
Undergraduate Engineering Scholarships (Annual Application Deadline: December 1)
University-Specific Scholarships (Annual Application Deadline: December 1)
ASHRAE Society Chapter Scholarships (Annual Application Deadline: December 1)
Regional Scholarships (Annual Application Deadline: December 1)
Engineering Technology Scholarships (Annual Application Deadline: December 1)
High School Senior Scholarships (Annual Application Deadline: May 1st)
Freshman Engineering Scholarship (Annual Application Deadline: May 1st)
How to Apply
Each scholarship has its own eligibility requirements.
Submit only one application. You will be considered for each scholarship for which you qualify.
ASHRAE Scholarship Evaluation Form (Revised October 2020)
You will need:
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a scale where 4.0 is the highest and/or a class standing of no less than the top 30% evidenced by an official transcript of grades or written statement from a school administrator.
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from an instructor or faculty advisor, a current or past employer, and another character reference. In the case of schools with an ASHRAE student branch, a letter from the faculty advisor of that branch may be one of the three letters of recommendation.
Visit https://www.ashrae.org/communities/student-zone/student-branches for a list of ASHRAE student branches.
Direct all questions and submit scholarship application, including all supporting documents to:
180 Technology Parkway
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
Savanna Smith at email@example.com
December 1 for Undergraduate Engineering, Regional/Chapter, University-specific,
& Engineering Technology Scholarships
May 1 for Freshman and High School Senior Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded based on the following and for the academic year following the application deadline beginning with the fall semester:
- Official transcript of grades or written statement from a school administrator.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Potential service to the HVAC and/or refrigeration profession.
- Financial need.
- Excellence, Character, Leadership (Fully describe academic achievement and other leadership roles).
- Service to community & others (Detail participation in the arts/music, athletics, volunteerism, environmental/humanitarian groups, or other service organizations).
Re-applications will be accepted from former scholarship applicants and recipients provided they meet current scholarship criteria.
Students may only receive one Society scholarship in any given year.
Scholarship amounts awarded shall not exceed the direct annual cost of attending the educational institution (i.e. tuition, books, supplies, room and board, etc.) through graduation.