Global Scholarships’ mission is to make scholarships accessible and transparent, and we would like to take one step closer to our mission by offering an external scholarship for a prospective international student. There are currently very few external scholarships that are specifically for international students, and we want to make scholarships more accessible for international students by offering this scholarship.
This is our debut year for this scholarship, so there are no previous winners, but we hope to increase the amount and/or the number of scholarships awarded in the next several years.
How to Apply
You must meet ALL of the following to be eligible:
- You must be an international student, that is, you cannot be a citizen or a permanent resident of a country that you will be studying in Fall 2024.
- You must be a current or a prospective student who will be enrolled in a postsecondary degree program (Diploma, Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D., as well as professional programs like law and medicine) in Fall 2024.
We are looking to give this scholarship to a student who has best maximized their potential given their circumstances and will continue to maximize their potential in the future. By “maximizing their potential given their circumstances,” a student who comes from an affluent family and has maximized their potential in one way or another is just as qualified for this scholarship as a student from an impoverished family who also has done the same. We take more of a holistic approach in giving this scholarship, with a combination of merit, writing skills, and the essay describing what we look for in a candidate. We take financial needs into consideration only in the light of “maximizing their circumstances given their circumstances.”
We will notify the 3-5 finalists on June 15th – 30th. The finalists will be asked to provide
- A copy of their passport with their passport number covered
- An acceptance letter from a prospective student or proof of attendance from current students
- A written agreement to fulfill social media responsibilities if selected as a winner
Finalists have 10 days to submit those materials from the date that we’ve notified. After we have received those materials, we may ask the finalists to go on a short Zoom interview call. The winner will be announced on July 15th – 25th.
The winner must agree to be featured on our “Past Winners” Page, with their picture, their name, their institution, and a short bio. Also, they must agree for us to feature them on our social media channels.