Are you looking to jump-start your career in the NBA? The Wayne Embry Fellowship offers one Canadian an amazing opportunity to gain experience in a professional basketball operations environment. The Fellow receives a $30,000 CAD stipend. This pays semi-monthly. So, do you want to apply for the Wayne Embry Fellowship? Then here’s everything you need to know.
The Wayne Embry Fellowship permits access to resources and connections you wouldn’t have access to otherwise. The entire experience provides growth in both knowledge and experience within the NBA. As a Fellow, you will rotate through different roles and departments, such as:
- Team Services
- Player Development
In addition, the winner receives an opportunity to obtain event operations experience during the NBA Summer League and Basketball without Borders world camp during the NBA All-Star weekend. All travel and accommodations for these events are covered by the Fellowship experience.
Furthermore, the Wayne Embry Fellowship begins on July 2, 2020. The 2021/2022 finalists have been chosen. However, you can apply for the 2022/2023 opportunity!
Are You The Ideal Candidate?
Candidates must exemplify a passion and commitment to the game of basketball. They must also embody and reflect the spirit of Wayne Embry’s career over his 50-years as a leader within the NBA through the six P’s:
Perseverance, Persistence, Preparation, Passion, Perception, and Pride.
If you demonstrate these qualities and share a love for the Toronto Raptors as well as the game of basketball, then this opportunity might be perfect for you!
How To Apply
Applicants must submit a formal resume/CV and complete the full online application. This includes a short-answer questionnaire. In addition, candidates submit a YouTube link to an online video (that is no longer than 2 minutes in length) that demonstrates to the Wayne Embry Fellowship panel:
- Why you want this fellowship.
- How you demonstrate your passion for basketball.
- How you are uniquely qualified for this fellowship based on the P’s: Perseverance, Persistence, Preparation, Passion, Perception, and Pride.
Submit all applications through the Toronto Raptors website.
What is needed for your application?
- A commitment to a full 12-month fellowship and the additional 1-month working the Summer League. The Fellow is expected to work up to full-time hours during the duration of their fellowship. (This is NOT a part-time opportunity.)
- Video Submission
- Cannot be longer than 2 minutes. Any videos that are longer than 2 minutes will not be accepted.
- Submit this through YouTube.
- Fully complete the online application.
- Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada in order to apply for the Wayne Embry Fellowship.
The panel will only contact those candidates that are selected for an interview.
Of course, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Partnerships offer accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities during the job application process. For example, if you have difficulty using the online application system and require accommodation due to disability, please email email@example.com. However, this is only for accommodation requests. They will not consider any resumes or video links sent to this email address.
For more information on how to apply for the Wayne Embry Fellowship, check out The Wayne Embry Fellowship Overview.