By Dana Paramskas
So, what can you do with a French degree? There are tons of options!
- teaching in immersion schools and teaching at post-secondary institutions
- working with the Federal government in Canada
- or working with international trade organizations
- diplomacy, working with the various countries which belong to the francophonie
- working with NGO’s in francophone countries such as Haïti, many African countries, areas with previous ties to France such as Vietnam, etc.
- lastly, business contacts with Québec, France, francophone countries
- any volunteer work in countries in which French is an official language
- additionally, assistance with immigrants from such countries
- volunteer work in francophone areas of Canada
Places to look for a job:
- Federal government website
- any NGO website
- ad in the newspaper which specifies knowledge of the language
Basically, there is a lot that can be done with a French degree.