CIBC is committing $500,000 to support the next generation of healthcare workers through the CIBC Future Heroes Fund.
- Scholarship Value: $2,500 for your first academic year
- Application Deadline: July 15th, 2020
- Who Can Apply: Eligible students entering their first year of a healthcare program at a Canadian university or college
- Where To Apply: Apply here
Now more than ever, communities and organizations around the world are recognizing the critical need for accessible healthcare. I mean, let’s face it. The year 2020 has given us a whole new perspective, reminding us all that it’s difficult to take care of each other, the economy, and even ourselves if we can’t find a way to preserve our physical health. In fact, the physical, mental, and economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has even opened broader conversations over at CIBC about investing in the next generation of healthcare workers. We need them, desperately!
That’s why our friends at CIBC created the CIBC Future Heroes Fund, to help empower students through education and contribute to a healthier and more positive future. Specifically, CIBC is committing over $500,000 over the next two years to support up-and-coming healthcare professionals, complementing the CIBC Holidays for Heroes initiative launched in May.
Basically, this year the CIBC Future Heroes Fund will help 150 post-secondary first-year students that are enrolled in eligible healthcare programs at 50 partner post-secondary schools across Canada. So, if you’re reading this and thinking, “Hey, I’m a first-year student enrolled in a healthcare program at a Canadian university or college!” this program could be for you. Let’s find out!
Am I eligible for the CIBC Future Heroes Fund?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be accepted into full-time studies in the first year of a first degree, be it a bachelor or diploma, in the 2020/2021 academic year;
- Be attending an eligible institution, as identified on the program guidelines;
- Be enrolled in an eligible program, as identified on the program guidelines;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Have a minimum cumulative average of 70% (or equivalent) over the last 3 terms of available marks*. Non-academic courses such as career or personal development related courses will not be considered.
How do I apply?
If you’re an eligible student, you can apply here until July 15th, 2020. As a recipient of this bursary, you would get a total of $2,500 in one academic year. Universities Canada will be conducting the selection process and will be administering the bursary payments, which you would expect to receive in September 2020.
Does CIBC offer support for students in programs not exclusive to healthcare?
Oh, do they ever!
In partnership with Student Life Network, CIBC offers a variety of scholarship programs and resources tailored to supporting diverse student needs.
Here are just some of the programs available:
- Full Ride Scholarship: for a chance to win $35,000 to cover the cost of tuition◊◊
- 99 Scholarships: scholarships for your passions instead of your grades
- Free Online Workshops: reserve your spot now if you’re looking for free but helpful tips on how to skill-up fast in the career department
Apply to the CIBC Future Heroes Fund today!
◊◊ NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open January 1st, 2020 to December 31st, 2021 to legal residents of Canada who are sixteen (16) years of age or older and are current students of an accredited Canadian university, college or secondary school. One (1) Grand Prize available to be won consisting of: one (1) cheque for $8,750 made payable to the winner; one (1) 1-year GIC for $8,750 opened in the winner’s name; one (1) 2-year GIC for $8,750 opened in the winner’s name, and one (1) 3-year GIC for $8,750 opened in the winner’s name. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Math skill testing question required. Full Contest Rules.