Mount Allison has been ranked Canada’s #1 undergraduate university by Maclean’s magazine more times than any other university, but that’s not the only thing that sets it apart.
Enter below for your chance to win free tuition for a year* and discover for yourself what makes Mount A #1.
How to Apply
The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who:
- (i) reside in any province or territory within Canada excluding Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador;
- (ii) are between sixteen (16) and twenty (20) years of age as of the date of entering the Contest and who, if under the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, have received the permission of a parent or guardian, who has agreed to be legally bound by these rules, (see Section 7. h. below) to enter the Contest and potentially become a winner of a prize;
- (iii) are current registered students in good standing at a university, college or high school in Canada;
- (iv) have only one Student Life Network account, which must be created before the end of the Contest Period (unless entering via the Mail-In Entry);
- (v) have completed an official application at www.mta.ca and are admitted during the Contest Period;
- (vi) are not employees, representatives or agents of the Contest Group Entities, or anyone domiciled with such employees, representatives or agents (whether related or not), or a Contest judge ;
- (vii) have agreed to comply with applicable laws (including, but not limited to, laws relating to libel and obscenity), assume responsibility for their activities, and not to harass, disrupt, abuse, or invade the privacy rights of others; and
- (viii) have read and accepted, and agreed to comply with these Rules, and with the Terms and Conditions for the Student Life Network found at http://studentlifenetwork.com/terms.
For the purposes of these Rules, “Contest Group Entities” means the Sponsor and Student Life Network, their respective parent, sister, affiliated and subsidiary companies, all advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of prizes (including, without limitation, Mount Allison University), materials and services related to the Contest, and any other corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal entity directly involved in the Contest.
- Contest Entry (“CE”): To enter the Contest for a chance to win the Mount Allison Prize, the contestant must complete either the Online Entry and Registration OR the Mail-In Entry and Registration (all as defined below) during the Contest Period.
- Method One: Online Entry and Registration: To enter the Contest for a chance to win the Mount Allison Prize online, the contestant must:
- Visit the Contest Website at https://ca.surveygizmo.com/s3/50082125/Mount-Allison-Contest-2020
- Login with an active Student Life Network account (“SLN Account”) OR create a new SLN Account. To create a new SLN Account a contestant must provide a valid email, choose a password, and then provide a full name, birth date, current school name, and home postal code. To create a new Account a contestant must also agree to receive Commercial Electronic Messages (“CEM’s”) from the Student Life Network (“SLN”) but may unsubscribe from such messages at any time by visiting https://bit.ly/sln-communication or from within any CEM sent to the user without affecting their entry or odds of winning in the contest; and
- Complete the Contest Entry Form (the “CE Form”). To Complete the CE Form Contestants must agree to the Contest rules. Contestants may, at their option, agree to receive CEMs from Mount Allison University and may unsubscribe from within any CEM sent to the user without affecting their entry or odds of winning the contest. Once the CE Form is complete, the contestant must click submit. The contestant will then obtain one (1) entry into the Contest for a chance to win the Mount Allison Prize and will be registered with the Contest.
- Incomplete CE Forms or CE Forms with false information will be deemed as invalid and will be disqualified. Only fully completed CE Forms with valid information received by the Sponsor’s servers during the Contest Period will be accepted for entry into this Contest.
- Method Two: Mail-In Entry and Registration: Alternatively, if a contestant does not wish to enter online, create a SLN Account or consent to receiving CEMs from SLN or the Sponsor, the contestant may enter by mail. To enter the Contest for a chance to win the Mount Allison Prize via mail, a contestant may: print his/her first name, last name, email address, age, current school name, telephone number, complete mailing address (including postal code), signature and request to be registered and entered into the Contest on a plain white piece of paper (no larger than 8.5 by 11 inches), and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient postage), to the Sponsor, at: Contest Administrator, Student Life Network, 301-312 Adelaide Street W, Toronto, ON, M5V 1R2, Attn: Chance to Win 1 Year’s Tuition at Mount Allison University Contest. Upon receipt and verification of a contestant’s request in accordance with these Rules, the contestant will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. To be eligible, all mail-in requests must be post-marked during the Contest Period in a separate envelope bearing sufficient postage. The Releasees (as defined in Section 7.g.) will not be responsible or liable for any lost, stolen, delayed, illegible, damaged, misdirected, insufficient postage, late or destroyed Mail-In Entry requests.
- Multiple Registration Not Permitted: Contestants can only use the Contest Website (or its iframe) or the Mail-In Entry option to register for the Contest one (1) time in total. If it is discovered that a contestant has attempted to: (i) enter more than one (1) time or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, email addresses or identities to enter, or otherwise participate in, the Contest, then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) he/she may be disqualified from participating in the Contest and all of his/her entries may be disqualified. Use (or attempted use) of multiple identities, mail-in envelopes, email addresses and/or any automated system to register for or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification. One Registration Per Person: For greater certainty, no contestant may register for the Contest more than once regardless of the method of participation.
- Prize Draw: On March 1, 2021 at 2:00 pm ET in the city of Toronto, in the province of Ontario, at the offices of the Sponsor, one (1) entry will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Contest Period. The contestant associated with the selected entry, and who is otherwise eligible to win, will be the selected contestant who is eligible to win the Mount Allison’s Prize subject to compliance with these Rules.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the Mount Allison’s Prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules.
- Contacting Selected Contestant: Sponsor will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact the selected contestant by email using the information provided at the time of Account registration (or on mail in entry) between thirty-one (31) and thirty-five (35) days of the applicable draw date. If the selected contestant cannot be contacted (i.e. does not reply to the email from the Sponsor or its representative) within forty (40) days of the applicable draw date, then he/she may be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Mount Allison’s Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate selected contestant from among the remaining eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected contestant).
- Declaration and Release Form; Skill-Testing Question: In order to be declared a confirmed winner, the selected contestant (or, if he or she is a minor in his/her province or territory of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must, in addition to meeting the Contest eligibility criteria and otherwise complying with these Rules, correctly answer, in person, a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind, whether electronic or otherwise, and sign and return within five (5) business days of notification by e-mail, a Declaration and Release prepared by the Sponsor which, among other things:
- confirms compliance with these Rules;
- acknowledges acceptance of the prize(s), as awarded;
- releases the Releasees (as defined in Section 7.g.) from any liability and damage which could arise out of or in any way related to the Contest and from the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize; and
- allows the Licensees (defined in Section 7.i. (1)) below to use, reproduce and/or publish in any related publicity, his/her name, photograph, image, likeness, biographical information, any statements made regarding a prize, place of residence, and/or voice for advertising and promotional purposes in perpetuity and in any manner and in any medium (including the Internet), without any compensation or further attribution or notification.
If the selected contestant:
(i) does not correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question in the manner prescribed;
(ii) fails to return the properly executed Declaration and Release within the specified time;
(iii) cannot accept the prize for any reason; or
(iv) otherwise fails to comply with the Rules;
- Verification of Entries: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to verify or require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor) from any contestant in this Contest or for any Extra Entries earned, or purportedly earned, by such contestant to be considered valid for the purposes of this Contest. Contestants whose entries cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion may be disqualified from the Contest and will not be eligible to win any prize. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid registration and/or entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s) in Eastern Time.
- No Liability: The Releasees (defined below in Section 7.g.) will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Campus Rankings Website, Contest Website, Sponsor servers or other 55 Rush Inc. or Student Life Network sponsored sites during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any CE Form, registration, Action, Code or Content to be received by the Sponsor for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to a contestant’s, or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest; and (v) any combination of the above.
- Acceptance of Prizes:
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except in Sponsor or any prize supplier’s sole and absolute discretion);
- The costs of everything not specifically stated as included in the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner;
iii. If the winner does not utilize any part(s) of his/her prize, then any such part(s) not utilized will be forfeited in their entirety and nothing will be substituted in their place;
- Sponsor and prize supplier reserves the right at any time to:
- Place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the prizes or any component thereof; and
- Substitute a prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor or any prize supplier’s sole discretion, a cash award;
- By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Releasees (as defined in Section 7.g.) if the prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
- Content Submission Requirements: BY SUBMITTING ANY “CONTENT” TO EARN EXTRA ENTRIES, EACH CONTESTANT HEREBY REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT THE CONTENT (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF) COMPLIES WITH THESE RULES, ALL APPLICABLE LAWS (INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS) AND THE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. THE RELEASEES (defined below in Section 7.g.) WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF ANY CONTENT (OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF) BY THE SPONSOR. THE RELEASEES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY THE CONTESTANT IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THE CONTESTANT HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES.
Prior to or after being posted on the Campus Rankings Website, each of the Sponsor, its promotional agency and designated Content moderator (each, a “Reviewer”) reserves the right to initially screen every piece of Content. Any Content that a Reviewer deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules or any applicable law (including intellectual property laws) will be disqualified. Prior to being posted on the Campus Rankings Website, each Reviewer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to edit or modify any Content, or to request a contestant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Content, in order to ensure that the Content complies with these Rules, or for any other reason. If Content is deemed to be inappropriate, the contestant will receive an email notification from Sponsor indicating that the Content has not been posted or has been removed, and he/she will have an opportunity to re-submit his or her revised Content for consideration by a Reviewer. If a contestant has attempted to submit Content three (3) times and has been rejected each time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the contestant from participating in the Contest.
- Number of Prizes/Winners: By entering the Contest, each contestant acknowledges that the Sponsor shall not be required under any circumstances to award more prizes than the number of available prizes, as set out in these Rules.
- Termination of Contest: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to void any entry and/or withdraw, suspend, amend or terminate this Contest in whole or in part (or to amend these Rules) in any way at any time without prior notice (but subject to applicable law and to the consent of the Regie des alcools, des course et des jeux with respect to legal residents of Quebec), in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion determines, interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, or in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind, or for any other reason. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the person will be automatically disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any contestant, entry, or vote with these Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules.
- Release and Exclusion of Liability. By entering or attempting to enter the Contest, each contestant and/or purported contestant agrees to release, discharge, and forever hold harmless the Contest Group Entities, and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and other representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands, manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, duties, accounts, bonds, covenants, warranties, indemnities, claims over, contracts and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the contestant’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Rules and acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. The Releasees will not be responsible for lost, incomplete, late or misdirected entries or for any failure of the Contest Website during the Contest Period, or for any technical malfunction or other problems with, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software or for any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing, and will not be liable for any resulting injury or damage to any person or property arising from, or relating to, that person’s or any other person’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest.
- Minors: For greater certainty, where the selected contestant is under the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence, as a pre-condition to the selected contestant being declared the winner and receiving the prize, the parent or legal guardian of the selected contestant must consent in writing to the selected contestant being declared a winner and receiving a prize and must also sign and return to the Contest Sponsor the Contest Sponsor’s form(s) of Declaration and Release documentation (see Section 5.d. above).
- Name/Image of Winners and Content:
By entering the Contest or submitting Content for Extra Entries, each contestant:
- grants to the Sponsor, its affiliates, and the supplier of prizes (collectively, Licensees“), in perpetuity, a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use (as the Licensees may in their sole discretion deem appropriate and without right of approval by the contestant) his/her submitted Content, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason in any manner and in any medium (including the Internet), globally, without any compensation or further attribution or notification, and waives his or her moral rights to such Content;
- authorizes the Licensees to use, reproduce and/or publish in any related publicity, his/her name, photograph, image, likeness, biographical information, any statements they make regarding a prize, place of residence, and/or voice for advertising and promotional purposes in perpetuity and in any manner and in any medium (including the Internet), globally, without any compensation or further attribution or notification;
- agrees that anything created by the Licensees which is derived from the contestant’s Content, voice, photograph, image, likeness or any statements the contestant make regarding a prize, is owned by the Sponsor, its affiliates or prize suppliers, as applicable; and
- on his/her own behalf, and on behalf of his/her heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns, hereby release and discharge the Releasees (as defined in Section 7.g.) from and against any and all claims (whether known or unknown, in law or in equity) that he/she or any of his/her heirs, executors, administrators, successors, or assigns may have or that may later accrue against any of the Releasees for any damage, loss, liability, costs, legal fees, expenses or injury based on publicity rights, defamation, libel, slander, portrayal in a false light, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action arising out of or relating directly or indirectly in any way to the entry, a vote (if applicable) or use of his/her Content (if applicable), name, photograph, image, likeness, biographical information, any statements they make regarding a prize, place of residence, and/or voice.
- For greater certainty, the Sponsor, its promotional agency and/or the Reviewer reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion and at any time during the Contest, to modify, edit or remove any Content, or to request a contestant to modify or edit his or her Content, if a complaint is received with respect to the Content, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to reset the entry count associated with the Content to zero (or, to whatever number the Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole and absolute discretion).
- Subject to subsection (i) above, if a contestant has any questions or does not wish the Sponsor to use any or all of his/her name, photograph, image, likeness, biographical information, any statements made regarding the prize, place of residence, and/or voice for purposes other than Contest administration, please contact the Sponsor at 301-312 Adelaide Street West, Toronto, ON, M5V 1R2.
- Dispute: In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, voter registration and/or vote, entries, voter registrations and votes (as applicable) will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry or voter registration (as applicable). “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A contestant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry and/or a vote, and, if applicable, that he/she has all necessary consents, permissions and/or licenses as required by these Rules.
- l. Sponsor’s Decisions: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all contestants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of contestants, entries, and votes.
n. FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (“Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.