The Toronto Insurance Council awards up to four $3,500 scholarships annually to Canadian students who intend to enter the insurance industry, demonstrate financial need and have contributed to their school and/or community life. Academic excellence is not a primary consideration. Applicants do not need to be from Toronto to be considered.
How to Apply
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- demonstrate a clear intention to build a career in property & casualty insurance;
- demonstrate financial need;
- be registered in a recognized college or university undergraduate degree program in Canada, or pursuing the Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) designation, The Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP®) designation, the Insurance Brokers Association Ontario licensing preparation course, or the Risk Management Certificate.
- TIC Scholarship – 2024 Application
- Personal Statement (more details on application form)
- 2024 Reference form
Email completed applications and supporting documents together to: email@example.com
Applicants may be interviewed (virtually or in person as appropriate).
Selection is focused on commitment to enter the insurance industry, financial need and contribution to school and/or community life.
Academic excellence is not a primary consideration.
Preference will be given to applicants from Black, Indigenous, people of colour (BIPOC), LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, or other historically underrepresented groups.