The Frans De Bruyn Travel Award Fund is designed to support students registered in an academic program in the Department of English at any level of study (B.A., M.A., Ph.D.).
How to Apply
The applicant must:
1. be registered as a full-time student in the Department of English at the Faculty of Arts at the University of Ottawa; and
2. have research or study plans in the upcoming academic year that are related to the applicant’s program in the Department of English and that require the applicant to travel within Canada or internationally. Students can apply to this fund for purposes such as essential research at libraries and archives outside of Ottawa, presentation of papers at academic conferences (graduate students only), and international exchanges and study terms abroad.
Applications must be made directly to the Department of English, and should include:
1. a copy of the applicant’s curriculum vitae;
2. a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript;
3. a description of the research or study to be undertaken (max. 500 words) and a short budget of costs; and
4. in the case of a request to fund travel related to a research project, a letter of support from the student’s supervisor or instructor.
In the case that multiple candidates meet the base requirements, the selection committee will decide upon the recipient based upon the award policies and standard criteria employed by the Department of English at the time of selection.