This year’s essay topic
To enter the scholarship competition, write an essay answering the 2021 ExpressVPN Future of Privacy Scholarship prompt below:
With the emergence of Covid-19, countries have introduced tracking and control measures that may intrude on individual privacy. Looking ahead to future crises, how should countries approach the needs of public health vs. those of individual privacy?
Your essay should be 600 to 800 words long. Submit your essay by August 31, 2021.
How to Apply
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in either a high school, undergraduate school,
or graduate school.
- There is no age or citizenship requirement.
- Essays must be sent via email only, to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be valid, the application email must include the following information:
- Your name
- The name, address, and contact details of your school
- Your current grade level
- One entry per student. Multiple entries per student will be disregarded.
- Essays must be submitted online by August 31, 2021, no later than 11:59 p.m.,
Pacific Time (U.S.).
Essays will be graded on the completeness and clarity of their theses and arguments. While we encourage writing with personality and style, please note that this is not a creative writing exercise. Responses must take a clear position on the prompt to be considered.
- The winner will be announced by the end of October 2021. The prize will
be awarded by international wire transfer. The winner will be required to provide his/her bank information in order to complete the bank transfer.
- The winner must submit a valid ID and proof of enrollment in a high school,
undergraduate school, or graduate school.
- Employees of ExpressVPN and their immediate family members are not eligible for this
- All entries become the property of ExpressVPN. The contest winner agrees to allow
ExpressVPN to publish or print his/her name and essay.
- Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes.
- The prize is listed and paid in United States dollars (USD).
- The decision of ExpressVPN in respect of any dispute arising out of this program shall