At BeMo, we believe education is your most valuable asset and that everyone deserves access to higher education regardless of social, cultural, economic, or racial background. To help students and their parents in this noble journey, we’re excited to offer a $10,000 scholarship in the form of BeMo credits to those in need.
The scholarship will be offered twice every year with application deadlines on May 31st and October 31st. You must be either applying to medical school or applying to residency.
How to Apply
You must be either applying to medical school or applying to residency. This means you must be applying within a maximum of 12 months of application time. If you are more than 12 months away from applying to either medical school or residency, you will not be qualified.
- Follow us on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Record a video indicating how you plan to help promote diversity in your school and community both during and after completion of your medical training. The video must indicate how the scholarship funds will help you with this goal. Your video must end using the following call to action to others: “Thanks for watching my video. Please support me and BeMo in our journey to advocate for diversity in medical education by sharing this video, commenting and liking the post. If you want to participate in the scholarship, go to BeMoScholarship.com”.
- Once your video is completed, share it on your social media pages and in the description for your video, you must include #BeMoDiversityScholarship #BeMore hashtags and a link to our scholarship page (BeMoScholarship.com). The more social media channels you use to share your video, the more points you gain. Note that you must use your own, legitimate accounts, not fake ones and the post must be made public so we can verify the post. Recently created accounts that don’t have any friends, or any activity are not eligible. Use an account that you genuinely use regularly. The post must remain and left as public for at least 1 year on your account.
- Tag our social medial channel and as many friends as possible. The more people accept your challenge, the more points you get! You will also gain points with every like, share, and comment. If you are using Instagram, save/highlight your post on Instagram.
- Lastly, send us the URL to your social media post(s) for review at . Your post must remain on your account(s) as public for at least one year.
- We select the winner based on the impact of their proposed contribution to diversity in medical education.
- We will also take into consideration the quality of your video, number of people who accept your challenge, number of people you tag, and how many likes, comments, reshares your video gains.
The scholarship is offered twice each year in spring and fall. The deadline for the spring scholarship is May 31st and for the fall scholarship is October 31st.
Winners are contacted directly and announced on our website on June 15th and Nov. 15th of each year.
Applicants can re-apply each time with a brand-new video submission and social media post.
Applicants who have previously won the scholarship are not eligible to re-apply.
All questions can be sent directly to the scholarship coordinator, at scholarship[at]bemoacademicconsulting.com.