Are you a post-secondary student pursuing a future career in the environmental or cultural heritage sectors? The B. Harper Bull Scholarship Awards are here to support you.
How to Apply
To qualify, students must:
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary degree or diploma program during the 2020-2021 academic year
- Be completing post-secondary studies in a field that relates broadly to the work of Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA). Examples of eligible programs include: Environmental Studies, Landscape Architecture, Archaeology, Museum Studies, Forestry, and Civil Engineering
- Reside or attend a post-secondary institution within TRCA’s jurisdiction
Students who are currently employed by TRCA or who are immediate family members or relatives of TRCA employees, TRCA board members, or Toronto and Region Conservation Foundation (TRCF) board members are not eligible to apply.
Applicants are required to complete and submit the following:
- Scholarship application form
- One 500-word essay outlining how the applicant demonstrates the values of The Living City: where human settlement can flourish forever as part of nature’s beauty and diversity
- Two letters of reference, including one academic reference and one work-related reference
How to Submit Your Application
Submissions will be reviewed by Toronto and Region Conservation Foundation’s volunteer selection committee. Special consideration will be given to students who demonstrate leadership through volunteer and extracurricular activities.
While academic excellence is important, scholarships will not necessarily be awarded to students with the highest marks. Scholarship winners will be well-rounded leaders who are active in their communities and epitomize the ideals of conservation.
The committee’s award decisions will be final.
Scholarship winners will be invited to submit a photo and impact statement for distribution on TRCF’s social media channels.
At the time of award, Toronto and Region Conservation Foundation will require verification of enrollment and permanent residency. Finalists’ references will be checked.