We award this scholarship in the name of Stan Hamilton, SGI Vice President of Human Resources (1982 to 1983). Mr. Hamilton was instrumental in establishing the foundation for SGI’s Employment Equity Plan.
How to Apply
- Be aboriginal (First Nations: Treaty or non-status, Métis, or Inuit).
- Be a full-time student at First Nations University of Canada (FNUC).
- Be enrolled in the last 12 credit hour classes in Administration Qualifying, Faculty of Administration, or in at least the second year of a computer science degree.
- Maintain an overall average of at least 65%.
- Show their contribution to the community, extracurricular activities or commitments made in balancing work, education, and home responsibilities.
- Need is of primary importance.
- Applications are available on the FNUC website or from the FNUC Student Success Services at 306-790-5950, ext 3100.
- Submit budget and transcripts with application. Recipient must provide First Nations University with permission to release their name and contact information to SGI.
- SGI CANADA doesn’t guarantee employment for award recipients; however, we may give the recipients preferential consideration following the completion of their studies and/or for summer or co-op work terms.