Are you a kid at heart looking to start a career in digital games/app design? Our digital games scholarship can be the launching pad for your journey.
The scholarship is open to candidates who demonstrate a passion for digital games and have applied to a full-time program in Canada. You will receive $12,500 to support you during the first year of your studies. The award is renewable for the duration of your program provided you receive an average grade of 75% in each year of study.
At Spin Master, everyone is welcome in our sandbox. We value differences and are dedicated to building an environment where people feel valued, respected and supported. To support this objective, we are giving students from underrepresented communities (BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ or women) the opportunity to hone their trade and be a part of the next generation of creators, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs in children’s entertainment.
The Spin Master Future of Play Scholarship Program will provide eight aspiring creators from underrepresented communities in Canada and the US with access to post-secondary education within their fields in the 2023/2024 academic year. On top of financial support for their studies, these students will also have the chance to grow through mentorship opportunities with Spin Master employees and a summer internship.
How to Apply
To be eligible:
- You have completed high school and are planning to apply for your first year of studies. You will not be eligible if you have already completed a year of your program.
- You have applied to an accredited post-secondary institution to study digital game design or a related field. Note: You will need to provide proof of acceptance before we release the funds.
- You are legally able to reside in the country of study.
- You identify as a member of an equity-seeking community (BIPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, people with disabilities or women) and have financial need.
- You do not have a parent who is currently a Spin Master employee.
How will you apply?
To apply for the scholarship, you need to:
- Prepare a letter of motivation (500 words or less) that tells us which institution you’re going to study at, what this scholarship means to you, why you have chosen to study digital game design and what your dream career is.
- Provide one letter of reference from a teacher or art instructor.
- Provide us with a few examples of your creative work or a link to a website where we can see what you have created.
- Send your completed applications to NicoleMc@spinmaster.com by June 9, 2023. Candidates selected to move forward will be invited to participate in the interview process.
Candidates selected to move forward will be invited to participate in the interview process.
Spin Master strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to scholarship applicants who may require provisions to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes.
Should you require an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team, by email at TAinquiries@spinmaster.com or by phone at 416 364-6002 and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.