We value higher education and recognize that post-secondary education is important and often essential for today’s youth. In a commitment to helping students achieve their educational goals, SGI has partnered with universities and organizations to offer nine different scholarships with varying eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
- Be a resident of Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, or Ontario.
- Not be a legal dependant of an SGI CANADA employee (legal dependants of SGI and SGI CANADA employees are eligible for the SGI Anniversary Scholarships only).
- Be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate certificate, diploma, or degree program related to the business needs of SGI CANADA at an accredited post-secondary campus in Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba or Ontario. We define business needs broadly to include all aspects and departments in the corporation.
- Submit proof of enrolment in the fall semester of the current academic year.
- Submit a transcript demonstrating a minimum average of 70% in the last academic year of study.
- Demonstrate contribution to community, extracurricular activities or commitments made in balancing work, education and home responsibilities.
- We’ll enter all applicants who meet the eligibility criteria in a draw and we’ll notify the 7 winners in early October.
- SGI doesn’t guarantee employment for award recipients; however, we may give the recipients preferential consideration following the completion of their studies, and/or for summer or co-op work terms.
- Application Deadline: September 30
- Value: 7 annual scholarships of $2,500