The Royal Canadian Legion Ontario Bursary Assistance Program is designed to assist students who are entering or continuing their post-secondary education (including courses and training programs of a technical and vocational nature) and who are currently serving members, Ex-service personnel, Legion members, or their spouses, children, or grandchildren.
Students applying for assistance may be granted a Bursary based on documented need in the amount of $1,250.00 per scholastic year as determined by the District Bursary Committee.
How to Apply
Applicants for this award are required to make an application to OSAP (or its equivalent in other provinces). In addition, applicants must be one of the following to qualify for this bursary:
- Ex-service personnel or currently serving members of The Canadian Forces (Regular, Reserve, and Merchant Navy) or their spouse, child, or grandchild.
- Commonwealth war veterans or their spouse, child, and grandchild.
- An Ordinary and Life member of The Royal Canadian Legion or their spouse, child, or grandchild.
- An Associate member of The Royal Canadian Legion or their child.
- A member of the Ladies’ Auxiliary or a child or grandchild of an LA member.
- Stepchildren and step grandchildren may also be considered where applicable.
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY ATTENDING HIGH SCHOOL, YOU CANNOT APPLY UNTIL YOU ARE PHYSICALLY ON CAMPUS IN THE FALL.
Applicants must include the following documents to ensure consideration:
- Completed application form
- OSAP Funding Summary
- OSAP Application Data on File
- Proof of Service of the Veteran and relationship to the student
Approved bursary assistance is not based upon scholastic standing but rather on the successful admission status to a post secondary institution or successful completion of one or more years leading to a recognized degree, diploma or certificate.
Applications must be received by Ontario Command prior to the last Friday of March from students who are currently attending post-secondary education. Students changing programs will not be considered.