Interested in a career in retail? Are you currently enrolled at a Canadian College or University? Do you currently work in retail? You could be eligible for a Retail Education Scholarship.
Retail Education Scholarship Program winners will receive financial assistance for their post-secondary education, and the opportunity to network and engage with the brightest professionals in the Canadian retail industry.
There are 18 scholarships available:
- Canadian Retail Hall of Fame Scholarship: $3,000 (1 available)
- JRoss Retail Recruiters Scholarship: $2,000 (1 available)
- Industry-Sponsored scholarships: $1,000 (16 available)
How to Apply
To be considered for one of the scholarships, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled full-time or part-time at a Canadian college or university for Fall 2024
- Currently pursuing a retail, business, fashion, marketing or any other retail related post-secondary program
- Currently working part-time or full-time within the retail industry
What do applicants need in order to apply?
- Complete the online application and release form – Application form found on RCC’s
- An official transcript from the last two semesters from either a high school or postsecondary institution
- Proof of applicant’s enrollment in a Canadian post-secondary institution. One of the
following is acceptable:
• Letter of acceptance or conditional letter of acceptance
• Proof of tuition payment
• Letter from Office of Registrar
- A reference letter (200 words max.) from a current employer that includes the following:
• Applicant’s demonstrated and continued commitment to the retail industry
• Ways in which the applicant has distinguished him/herself from other employees
• Reasons indicating why the applicant is deserving of this scholarship
• Current employer/supervisor contact information
- Artificial Intelligence in Retail: see Application Guidelines for more details
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel of retail industry experts.
- Every effort will be made to engage a cross‐section of Canadian industry professionals who possess a range of experience in the review process.
- Will be assessed on completeness of requirements.
- Will evaluate to what extent applicants have demonstrated an interest in pursuing a career in retail and what degree of thought they have put into the ways they will make an impact on the retail industry.
Should you have any questions, you can contact the Retail Council of Canada’s Education team at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1 888 373-8245.
Please note: This scholarship program is for students who are enrolled in or applying to retail, business, marketing or any other program that has ties to the retail industry post-secondary programs in September 2024. If you are not in one of these programs or attending school in Fall 2024, your application will NOT be considered.