The Persons Case Scholarship supports women, men and gender-diverse individuals studying in the arts, humanities and social sciences fields whose work advances gender equality or who are studying in fields where their gender is underrepresented or disadvantaged.
- $100,000 is available for this scholarship.
- 40 students will receive $2,500 each for their studies.
How to Apply
- applicants of all genders are eligible to apply
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible)
- be a resident of Alberta – to be considered, one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for 6 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies
- the student’s spouse or partner has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for 6 consecutive months prior to the person attending post-secondary
- there is no age limit
- student status:
- undergraduates – must be a registered (full or part-time) student in an approved post-secondary institution located in Alberta
- graduates – must be an Alberta resident (as described above) and be registered (full or part-time) in a graduate program in Alberta or elsewhere
- Indigenous students, racialized students and students living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply
- High school students or below are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students registered in short-term, part-time continuing education courses are not eligible to apply.
- Note, while applicants are permitted to apply to both the Persons Case and the Women in STEM Scholarships, they cannot be awarded both scholarships during the same calendar year.
- Additionally, previous recipients are welcome to apply; however, priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received the Persons Case scholarship.
Applications are only accepted through the Grant Administration Tracking and Evaluation (GATE) online application system.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 pm Mountain Time on Friday, December 8, 2023 to request your GATE registration. In the email, include:
- your legal name
- the scholarships you are applying for
- your email address – ensure the email address is correct, as successful applicants will be receiving tax related documentation via email
Your GATE username and password will be sent to the email address provided.
The Persons Case Scholarship is an annual program. Applicants can apply once during each intake.
Connect with Alberta Arts, Culture and Status of Women:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Alberta Arts, Culture and Status of Women
9th Floor, 10405 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4R7