This scholarship recognizes a young Muslim woman who, despite financial hardship, was able to overcome barriers and become a leader in empowering women within their community. Women empowerment is essential to the health and social development of communities, and when women are empowered, they can live safe, fulfilling and productive lives, and reach their full potential. Women empowerment could include helping someone overcome discrimination, teaching someone a new skill, or encouraging someone to reach their goals. The objective of the Pearson-Khan Award for Women’s Empowerment is to recognize women that have overcome financial obstacles and become trailblazers for change within their community.
“When women thrive, all of society benefits and succeeding generations are given a better start in life.”
— Kofi Annan, 7th UN Secretary-General
How to Apply
- Applicant identifies as Muslim.
- Applicant identifies as a Woman.
- Applicant demonstrates financial need.
- Applicant is dedicated to driving female empowerment in their community.
- Applicant is enrolled full-time in a recognized university/college/post-graduate program.
- Applicant has an overall 70% average or higher in the last two years.
- Create an account at http://maxscholars.org in order to apply.