Brock University is pleased to continue our entrance scholarship program for Niagara area secondary schools. The Brock University Niagara Principal’s Scholarship is founded upon our institution’s core values: academic excellence and a lasting commitment to our Niagara community. Begin at Brock and be among the next generation of leaders in Niagara.
The Niagara Principal’s Scholarship is intended to recognize two students from each of Niagara’s secondary schools who best demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and an exceptional commitment to school and community. Recipients will be selected by their school principal. Each principal may nominate up to five candidates for the Niagara Principal’s Scholarship of which, two students will be selected. The value of each award is $2,500. We look forward to recognizing highly engaged students from each of Niagara’s secondary schools to continue the tradition of scholarly achievement and contribution to school and community.
How to Apply
- Graduating high school in the Niagara Region.
- You must also apply for admission, be admitted to, and register at Brock University to receive this scholarship.
- Excellent grades (+80% Average).
- Engaged in school and the broader community.
- Online Application.
- A one page biography that includes your activities and contributions to your school and community.
- A recommendation from your school’s principal or the principal’s designate. Up to five students may be nominated from each school at the discretion of the principal.
Applicants will be
- Academic achievement;
- Extracurricular activities beyond the student’s school requirements and/or significant citizenship contributions to their community;
- Financial need may also be considered.
- Receiving the Niagara Principal’s Scholarship will not exclude students from consideration for any other award program at Brock.
- Brock University will forward student applications to the school principal.
- The principal of each school must submit an endorsement for up to five students by 11:59 p.m. on April 3, 2023.
- Brock University will notify the successful applicants shortly after the principal’s deadline.