Whether you’re a social media guru or prefer to communicate through a message in a bottle, you can probably agree that social media has a huge influence today. Share with us your thoughts on how social media shapes our interactions with each other and how it affects how we consume information for a chance to win $1,000*.
How to Apply
- Be a current student at a Canadian high school, College, University of CEGEP, or currently accepted to attend an accredited Canadian College or University.
- Be 14 years of age or older
- Be a member of Student Life Network
- Agree to the Contest Rules
Applicants will be required to provide a completed application form including:
- A personal statement demonstrating knowledge of social media and its influence on news media.
- What makes you a deserving recipient
- How the scholarship would influence your academic and career goals
- Optional videos or imagery to support your entry
A panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor will judge each applicant’s submission on the basis of the following weighted criteria:
- Demonstrated Interest in Social Media & Journalism: 30 points
- Creativity and Originality of the Submission: 30 points
- Overall Quality of the Contestants’ Submission: 40 points
- Total Score Maximum 100 points
Applicants will not receive their scores. Judging will be completed on or about November 25th, 2022 and the scholarship winner will be announced on the 99 Scholarships website on or about December 12th, 2022.
In the event of a tie between two or more entries based on total Score, the entrant associated with the entry—from amongst all such entries that are tied—with the highest score on Overall Quality of the Contestants’ Submission will be deemed to be the eligible winner of CIBC News or Views Scholarship. In the event there continues to be a tie between two or more entries based on the score, all entrant entries that are still tied will be entered into a random draw conducted by the Contest Judges for the CIBC News or Views Scholarship. See contest rules for more details.