Kin Canada is an all-Canadian service organization made up of dedicated member volunteers who serve their community’s greatest need through hosting and sponsoring events and community service projects. Since its founding, Kin, Kinsmen and Kinette clubs across Canada have contributed more than $1 billion to Canadian communities and disaster relief programs beyond our borders.
Since the inception of its scholarship program in 1994, $1,096,000 has been awarded to 1096 students across Canada. The amount disbursed in any one year depends on the balance of the Hal Rogers Endowment Fund and its governing laws.
Kin Canada Clubs play a vital role in the Kin Canada Bursaries program. They make donations to grow the fund, which affects how many bursaries are awarded each year.
Each year, applications are posted early fall and are due February 1 to the club closest to the student applying. Clubs submit one application to the Board of Trustees and those selected are notified by June 30.
How to Apply
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a full-time student in the process of graduating from high school or currently studying or registered at a post-secondary institution.
- Must complete the current application form and submit it to the Kinsmen, Kinette or Kin Club closest to their permanent residence by February 1. Bursary winners are notified before June 30 by their sponsoring club.
- Must not have previouly been awarded a Kin Canada Bursary.
- Will be evaluated on their community and school involvement, knowledge of Kin Canada and financial need.
To apply, complete the fully online application in either English or French below:
The bursary application deadline date is February 1 of each year.The selection process is as follows:
Each club reviews all submitted application forms and selects one to be endorsed and forwarded to the Board of Trustees for review on or before March 1.
The Board selects a number of applicants to receive a bursary of $1,000 each, based on that year’s contributions to the Hal Rogers Endowment Fund. The successful recipients and their sponsoring clubs are notified by June 30.
- Use this year’s application form
- Read and follow all instructions carefully
- Answer all questions
- Remember, scoring is based on both effort and content
- Ask for input from friends, parents, teachers, etc.
- Learn about Kin Canada from our website
- Research what the local or nearest Kinsmen, Kinette or Kin Club has done in your community
- Submit your application by February 1 and only submit once
For more tips on increasing your chance of success with scholarships and bursaries, check out the Kin Blog.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.