With a Johnson scholarship behind you, you have everything in front of you. Since 1998, the Johnson Scholarship Program has awarded over $1,000,000 in scholarships and academic grants to students across Canada.
How to Apply
To apply, applicants must be:
- a resident of a province or territory of Canada;
- completing high school in 2020; and
- enrolled in an undergraduate program on a full-time basis for the 2020-2021 academic year at a recognized publicly funded Canadian post-secondary institution or Cegep (if living in the province of Quebec).
Applicants must also fall into at least one of the following categories:
- have a home or car policy through Johnson;
- be a member/employee of a Johnson recognized group±;
- have a parent/guardian or grandparent who has a home or car policy through Johnson;
- have a parent/guardian or grandparent who is a member/employee of a Johnson recognized group±, and has a home or car policy or group benefit plan through Johnson;
- have a parent/guardian or grandparent who is a member/employee of a Johnson recognized group±, but does not have a home or car policy or group benefit plan through Johnson; or
- be a child/grandchild of a Johnson employee.
Applications shall be submitted on the completion of the applicant’s graduating year of high school.
Completed application forms must be submitted by July 15, 2020 and must include a transcript for the period of September 2018 to December 2019. If you were not enrolled during this time, please provide marks for the last available terms. NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 related difficulty in obtaining official transcripts, transcripts will be accepted whether they are official or unofficial.
Please see the online application form and Scholarship Program Guidelines to obtain full requirements and submission instructions.
Applicants will be evaluated based on two components:
- academic achievement; and
- volunteer/community involvement and/or extracurricular activities.
Scholarship Partners Canada, a division of Universities Canada, has been retained to administer the scholarship program on behalf of Johnson. Please note that the decision of the selection committee is final and not subject to appeal.