The James W. Lewis Global Leader Scholarship has been established to encourage and recognize young leaders who exemplify the values to which Mr. Lewis has dedicated his life and work. In 2002, Mr. Lewis co-founded NSHSS with Claes Nobel, of the family that established the Nobel Prizes, to acknowledge and nurture the continuing success of high school and college students who have distinguished themselves through academic accomplishment, and exemplary leadership and community involvement.
How to Apply
- High school sophomores, juniors, or seniors with a minimum 3.5 GPA or higher.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Commitment to helping create educational opportunities for all, including young people identifying with under-represented groups.
- Commitment to encouraging leadership among youth.
- Commitment to community engagement and volunteerism.
- Commitment to global perspective.
- Commitment to innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Prompt response of 500–800 words to the following question:
- Mr. Lewis has an overriding philosophy: “The future of our planet is dependent upon how we prepare the youth of the world. Let them dream, explore and achieve not only for the betterment of themselves, but for the global community.”
- How do you embody this philosophy?
- Which of Mr. Lewis’s values do you best embody and demonstrate?
- Please provide specific examples of each.
- Pictures/videos/media showing your leadership in action (optional).
- Colour headshot.
- Academic résumé.
- Current Transcript (can be official or unofficial).
- Educator recommendation.