Aspiring information security professionals have the opportunity to ease some of their educational financial burden with the ISC2 Information Security Undergraduate Scholarship, offering undergraduate students studying information security up to US$5,000 per recipient. Up to 20 scholarships will be awarded.
All scholarships are administered by the Center for Cyber Safety and Education.
How to Apply
- Must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity, information assurance or similar field in the fall of 2024.
- Must be pursuing a Master’s Degree program or doctoral studies.
- GPA must be at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale).
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required).
- May be attending on campus or online, full time or part time, in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled, however no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution.
- One Letter of Recommendation. Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference.
- Resume/CV – No more than 3 pages maximum.
Essay questions to be filled out in application (maximum word count is 250 per question):
- Tell us why you should be chosen to receive this scholarship and what makes you stand out from your peers?
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and your goals for your academic career. What makes you a candidate for success in information security and what are your goals for your professional career?
- Describe any contributions to the cybersecurity field i.e., volunteer work, articles, etc., and any other hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you. (Do not include links to articles)
- Please tell us anything else you would like us to know about you in consideration of your application.
Applicants will be scored by members of ISC2 and scholarship sponsors (if applicable). Scoring will be based upon three categories:
3. Financial Need
Not all applicants will receive a scholarship. Scholarships are a one-time award and must be re-applied for each year in order to be considered for another scholarship. No Scholarship awards will be paid until July 2024.
Inquiries can be sent to email@example.com or call 727-493-3587