Time to channel your inner Steve Jobs! If you’re into all things business, we’re challenging you to create a business idea or proposal that offers a very clear solution to a common problem of your choice. When you’re ready, shoot your shot by selling us on your brilliant business idea for a chance to win $1,000*.
How to Apply
- Be a current student at a Canadian high school, College, University of CEGEP, or currently accepted to attend an accredited Canadian College or University
- Be 14 years of age or older
- Be a member of Student Life Network
- Agree to the Contest Rules
Applicants will be required to provide:
- A personal statement demonstrating an interest in business and entrepreneurship.
- What makes you a deserving recipient
- How the scholarship would influence your academic and career goals
- Optional videos or imagery to support your entry
A panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor will judge each applicant’s submission on the basis of the following weighted criteria:
- Demonstrated Interest in Entrepreneurship & Business: 30 points
- Creativity and Originality of the Submission: 30 points
- Overall Quality of the Contestants’ Submission: 40 points
- Total Score Maximum 100 points
Applicants will not receive their scores. Judging will be completed on or about November 25th, 2022 and the scholarship winner will be announced on the 99 Scholarships website on or about December 12th, 2022.
In the event of a tie between two or more entries based on total Score, the entrant associated with the entry—from amongst all such entries that are tied—with the highest score on Overall Quality of the Contestants’ Submission will be deemed to be the eligible winner of CIBC Game Plan Prize. In the event there continues to be a tie between two or more entries based on the score, all entrant entries that are still tied will be entered into a random draw conducted by the Contest Judges for the CIBC Game Plan Prize.