The Florence E. Taylor Charitable Foundation Scholarship was established through the generous contribution of Florence E. Taylor, Chapter C, Alberta, P.E.O. Sisterhood, and is further supported through ScotiaWealth investments and donations from P.E.O. members and affiliates.
It provides financial assistance to women who are entering first or second year post-secondary educational programs. It is a one time award. Financial need is a consideration.
How to Apply
An applicant must be sponsored by a local P.E.O. Chapter and must meet the following
- Have a Social Insurance Number.
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
- Be a resident in Alberta or Saskatchewan for at least two years.
- Be entering first or second year of full time study in her first degree or diploma program.
- Be studying or planning to study at an accredited Alberta or Saskatchewan post- secondary
- Demonstrate financial need, based on her submitted projected budget.
- Be committed to her educational goal, as shown by her academic record, personal statement, and letter of reference.
When a local chapter identifies a prospective applicant, the chapter’s scholarship committee will arrange for an interview with the applicant to determine eligibility. Chapter approval is granted by a majority voice vote at a regular or special meeting. Applicants must complete an application package and submit it to the sponsoring chapter contact no later than August 15.
The package must include:
- A completed application form
- A letter of reference
- An original or copy of official final high school transcript and, if applicable, post-secondary transcript
Awards will be announced in early October.
Awards are made at the discretion of the Board of Directors of the Foundation. The minimum award amount is currently $1000 in Canadian funds, and the number of scholarships awarded annually may vary. Late or incomplete packages will not be considered.