The University of Ottawa named this fund in honour of Reverend Father Roger Guindon, o.m.i. The Reverend Father Guindon spent a number of years at the University of Ottawa, first as a student from 1933 to 1947. He then taught theology for 17 years. In 1959, the Reverend Father was promoted to Dean of Theology, a position he filled until he was named Rector of the University of Ottawa in 1964. His mandate ended in 1984, at the time of his retirement.
How to Apply
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be admitted or registered as a full-time or part-time student at the University of Ottawa;
3. be in good academic standing
4. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
5. have overcome and/or is dealing with significant and long-term life challenges; and
6. be registered full-time or part-time during the Fall term following the application deadline.
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a letter from the applicant detailing the significant and long-term life challenges he/she has been or is currently facing, supported by documented evidence.