The Frank H. Sobey Awards for Excellence in Business Studies began in 1989 to support the development of future business leaders and business programs in Atlantic Canadian Universities. 32 years later, the Program counts 207 alumni from all of Atlantic Canada’s faculties of business.
Each of this year’s major awards will be made in two installments: the first in mid-December 2021, the second in early spring, 2022.
Awards are not automatically renewable, but previous winners are eligible to apply for any subsequent year’s award.
How to Apply
- Have completed at least one year of undergraduate business studies at an Atlantic Provinces university.
- Have achieved the necessary academic qualifications:
- The academic qualification for these awards is a minimum overall average of B+ (or your University’s equivalent GPA) in your most recent year of full-time business studies at an Atlantic Provinces university.
- Although the primary qualification is academic excellence, the Fund will also take into appropriate account information provided concerning extracurricular and community activities, entrepreneurial interest, employment history and career aspirations.
- Be enrolled in full-time business studies at an Atlantic Provinces university for the 2022–2023 academic year.
- Complete the application form.
- Along with your application you must include:
- Three letters of personal reference, sent directly by your referees to the Dean of the faculty in which you are enrolled for full-time studies in 2021-2022. These references will be forwarded by your Dean to the Fund. At least one referee should be a professor under whom you have completed a university course or courses in business studies. At least one other referee should be from outside the academic community, and other than a member of your immediate family or a close relative.
- A recent head and shoulders photograph of yourself suitable for possible publication.
- Your current résumé.
- Applications must be submitted to the Dean of your faculty by October 29, 2022 and by the Dean to the Fund by November 12, 2022. No exceptions will be made to these deadlines.