Each year, Ducks Unlimited will award 61 one-time scholarships to eligible applicants at the following levels:
- 50 Varsity Scholarships at $500 each
- 10 Conservation Scholarships at $1,000 each
- 1 National Scholarship of $10,000
How to Apply
Open to all senior student members; however, it is targeted to volunteers who have shown an exceptional level of commitment to wetlands conservation through participation in their DU Varsity (high school) club/chapter and/or local DU community chapter. In addition, students must maintain a 2.8 or higher cumulative high school GPA to apply.
Complete the online application.
Applicants will need to provide:
- High school transcript
- DU member/volunteer history
- A list of any service or academic awards received
- Up to three letters of recommendation highlighting their DU involvement and commitment to conservation.
- Write an essay of up to 500 words describing how your outdoor experiences have contributed to your understanding of the importance of wetlands and wetlands conservation, and the ways in which they have acted and/or intend to act on this knowledge.
For more information on the Ducks Unlimited National Scholarship Program, please contact Mark Horobetz at 901-758-3892 or email@example.com.
A volunteer panel appointed for a two-year term by DU’s Senior Vice President and Advisory to the President for the National Youth & Education Committee will review applications. Applications will be graded on a weighted scale emphasizing volunteer history, leadership and academic excellence.
Scholarship recipients will be notified in the spring, with awarded checks released to the student’s two-year accredited school/community college, four-year college/university or trade/technical school. Recipients will be recognized in Ducks Unlimited magazine, and, prior to the fall semester, the national scholarship winner will be announced during the DU National Convention.