The De Beers Group Scholarships for Canadian Women were created to promote the inclusion of women in STEM and STEM-related academic studies at post-secondary institutions in Canada.
There are a minimum of ten (10) awards available through the De Beers Group Scholarships for Canadian Women. Each award is valued at $4,500 CAD.
How to Apply
- All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have permanent residence status in Canada.
- All applicants must be female.
- All applicants must be entering their first year of an undergraduate program at an accredited Canadian institution.
- All applicants must be entering a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or STEM-related program.
- Preference will be given to Indigenous women or women of Indigenous descent. Applicants should self-identify Indigenous status in the statement of purpose accompanying their application.
- Preference will be given to those who are located in Northern Ontario, Southern Alberta, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
- Complete the application form.
- Upload the following documents to the “My Documents” page:
- Proof of enrolment at an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution in a STEM or STEM-related program.
- A current resume detailing academic achievement and community involvement.
- Two (2) reference letters from different sources that speak to any of the following accomplishments of the applicant: academic, professional, or character. There is a 350-word limit per reference; additional words may be disregarded.
- Statement of purpose that answers the following question in 500 words or less:
- What will receiving this award mean for you and your community?
- Applicants should also self-identify Indigenous status in the statement of purpose.
All applications will be reviewed by a judging panel of experienced professionals from the education and business sectors, under the guidance of Scholarships Canada and De Beers Group.
If you have any questions regarding the De Beers Group Scholarships for Canadian Women, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “De Beers Group Scholarships” as the subject line.