This award recognizes Ontarians who have gone above and beyond to improve accessibility for people with disabilities.
There are four categories – the Champion Award, Employee Engagement Award, Role Model Award and Youth Leadership Award.
How to Apply
Your nominee must be:
- a resident of Ontario (for individuals)
- registered in Ontario (for companies and organizations)
You cannot nominate:
- someone who is deceased
- an elected politician currently in office
You need to mail a detailed form with your nominee’s information that includes:
- a description of your nominee’s achievements in leadership, breaking down barriers, creating opportunities or improving the quality of life for people with disabilities
- two or more signed testimonials from two different people (in addition to the nominator) who know and support your nominee’s achievements (not required for the Champion Award)
You can include other materials, such as news articles, if they give more insight into your nominee’s accomplishments.
You can only submit your nomination by mail at this time.
An independent selection committee reviews each nomination and recommends who should receive the award.