The Canadian Right of Way Education Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the right of way/infrastructure real estate profession through education and professional development. Our mission is to contribute to the advancement of the profession through the enhancement of education and training opportunities that will elevate and increase the profile of this body of work to a professional standard that is recognized domestically and internationally.
Our goal is to support quality education and professional development opportunities domestically and internationally that will contribute to increasing the quality of life for all. Every year the CRWEF offers a $2,500.00 Scholarship to a deserving student who will be entering into a post secondary program in the right of way or related field.
We value the diversity of professions involved in Right of Way and Infrastructure Real Estate: Appraisers, negotiators, engineers, solicitors, surveyors, property managers, environmentalists, planners, project managers, etc.
How to Apply
- The student must be entering a course of study in any of the various fields impacting the right of way profession:
- The post-Secondary study programs include law, surveying/GIS, engineering, planning, real property appraisal/management, public administration, environmental studies, or related fields of study.
- 3.0 GPA, 75% or B+ will be considered.
- Fill out the application form.
- Attach a brief typewritten essay (maximum 1,000 words) detailing how your proposed area of study relates to the right of way industry and how you hope to contribute to the right of way industry in the future.
- Attach a transcript for the last three years of studies completed.
- Attach two letters of recommendation (from non-relative) from any two of the following:
- Teacher, faculty advisor, or guidance counsellor.
- Employer or professional associate (if you have not had significant employment, a letter may be from a community leader who knows you personally).
- The scholarship amount may be awarded to one applicant or split among one or more applicants.
- Must comply with all terms and conditions concerning the prize if awarded.
- Must allow CRWEF to publish my name in its literature and press releases along with my picture and bio.
- Payment of the scholarship will be directed to the institution of study.