creditcardGenius (a WeyMedia Inc. business) proudly announces the fourth year of providing a scholarship available to Canadian students enrolled in full-time undergraduate or graduate studies. We’re looking for a student committed to academic excellence, with outstanding academic achievement, no matter what field of study they are in.
The chosen student will be awarded CA$2,000 which may be used towards the cost of their studies, helping them get a head start on their personal finance journey as young adults.
We understand that it has become increasingly difficult for today’s younger generation to finish their studies without carrying large amounts of student debt or credit card debt. As such, learning important money lessons and personal finance habits has become more important now than ever.
Founded in 2017, creditcardGenius has been dedicated to teaching Canadians that being good with money can be easy and fun. Through educating Canadian consumers on how to use credit cards responsibly, financial dreams are within reach after all.
Students can reach their full potential and financial stability. And we want to help in giving the future generation of working men and women a chance to do so by alleviating some of the financial burdens that come with pursuing their studies for an extended period of time through this bursary.
How to Apply
- Be a graduate or undergraduate student enrolled and attending a Canadian university or college, and in at least the second year of their post-secondary studies
- Demonstrate academic achievement with a minimum GPA of 3.5 (or equivalent)
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Submit an essay in Word or PDF (tell us your relationship with money in 500 words or more)
- Online Application Form
- Academic Transcript
- The recipient will be notified within 3 business days of the deadline and will be contacted at the email address provided at the time of application. Up to 3 attempts will be made to contact the recipient within 3 business days following our decision. If the recipient does not or cannot accept the scholarship, for any reason, it may be forfeited and a new recipient selected, at our sole discretion. We are not responsible for the failure of any reason whatsoever of any recipient to receive notification or for us to receive the recipient’s response.
- The chosen recipient will be announced Friday, October 28, 2022.