The purpose of the Connex Foundation Scholarship is to assist individuals who are exploring the study of skilled trades or multi-site facility management with the end goal of advancing their career in this field. The scholarship serves to promote the multi-site facilities industry by attracting high school, college-level, career transitioning, adult re-entry, and veteran students into the field of study and encouraging their pursuit with financial support.
The Connex Foundation will award scholarships up to $5,000 each in 2024 to individuals pursuing a career in the skilled trades (example: electrical, plumbing, welding, HVAC, carpentry), construction and/or facility management industry.
How to Apply
- Be a United States or Canadian citizen or permanent legal resident
- At a minimum, a graduating high school senior or equivalent (GED)
- Plan to enroll as a full-time student
- Have a cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Have a history of active involvement in extra-curricular activities, community service, or work experience
Applicants should be prepared to write about:
- Current academics
- Extra-curricular activities
- Education plans
- Awards and honours
There is also a video submission required. Applicants must create a YouTube video answering 6 of the 10 questions below. Your answers should highlight your unique experiences, strengths, potential, goals, and aspirations. Your goal should be to provide a strong sense of who you are, what you want to do, and who you want to be.
1. Why do you believe you deserve this scholarship?
2. How will this scholarship impact your life?
3. Who is your role model and why?
4. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
5. What subject is your favorite in school and why?
6. What is a meaningful experience or class you’ve had in school and why?
7. What role do you believe technology will play in advancing the retail industry?
8. What has driven you to follow this education path?
9. Provide an example of a time you overcame adversity.
10. Any additional thoughts or comments concerning the facilities management/trade industry you would like to share?
Staff will initially check applications for basic eligibility. Next, the Scholars Committee will review and rate the information in each application, including activities, academics, and personal statements.
During the application process a virtual or phone interview may be required. A submission video is required as a part of the application.