The Canadian Beef Check-Off Agency established a scholarship to encourage and support students pursuing post-secondary studies in the field of agriculture, agricultural research, or with an agriculture background pursuing studies in marketing.
How to Apply
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- be accepted to or attending a designated post secondary institution and
- be accepted to or attending a full-time program relating to:
- agriculture or agriculture business
- marketing, communications or public relations
- science and research including veterinary medicine
- human health and nutrition
- policy and economics
Note: Preference will be given to applicants who are active beef producers or have a background in agriculture, but it is not a requirement.
Applicants must submit to the Canadian Beef Check-Off Agency:
- an application form
- a link to a creative video no longer than two minutes, showcasing how their background in agriculture, paired with their education, can help grow the future of the beef and veal industry in Canada
- an official acceptance letter or current enrollment document to a designated post-secondary institution
Videos must be posted to YouTube, marked as PRIVATE, and the link shared in the application form.
The recipient will be selected by committee on the basis of video content, and desire to improve and grow Canada’s beef and veal industry in a unique way. Knowledge and understanding of Canada’s national beef strategy, check-off system and national organizations is preferred.