British Columbia Aviation Council members recognize the financial pressures faced by students pursuing studies in aviation and aerospace, and are pleased to provide over $100,000 worth of scholarships on an annual basis. With the critical shortage of human resources faced by the industry – even before the COVID pandemic – and the need to support industry-wide recovery efforts, a focus on scholarships is a key priority of the BCAC. This is Canada’s largest aviation and aerospace scholarship program.
Students can apply for cash awards generally ranging from $1,250 to $10,000. There are four general scholarship categories – Pilots, Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AMEs), Airport Operations and Management, and General Including Aerospace.
How to Apply
- Nominees must be BCAC Members – BCAC Student Membership is FREE for any Student.
- Applications are accepted from everywhere. However, training must occur in British Columbia, or the Yukon, Canada, unless otherwise noted.
- Fill out the online form and select the scholarship(s) you are applying for. More than one scholarship can be selected.
- It is preferable that the nomination is made by a BCAC Member but it’s not required – you can self-nominate in most cases. Many BCAC Members are listed on this website.
- Each Nominator must attach a signed, detailed narrative summary of the achievements, strengths, and qualifications of the Nominee (approximately 200 – 400 words).
- A statement from the applicant must also be included indicating why they should receive the award, their reasons for financial assistance, their scholastic and personal achievements, and their goals.
- High academic standing is required – an academic transcript must be included.
- Letters of recommendation from personal contacts are very helpful to include in your application.
- All applications for flying scholarships must be accompanied by copies of Transport Canada flight test and written examination results for the licences held (Private and/or Commercial).
If you have any questions, please contact the BC Aviation Council at email@example.com
Applications must be received by midnight on April 30th.
Results of each year’s submissions are announced before the end of July and are awarded at the Silver Wings Scholarship and Industry Awards Celebration in October at the Vancouver Convention Centre West. Successful applicants should join their aviation and aerospace colleagues at this fun, networking gala as our guest. Check out the 2023 Scholarship Winners!
International Applicants: If you are not a Canadian Citizen nor Permanent Resident please note that preference is given to candidates who hope to make a contribution to Canadian aviation in their career. This should be addressed in your application.
TIP: Provide as much information as you can for the Selection Committee – the better your presentation, the more opportunity for success your application will have. Good luck!
Incomplete applications will be discarded. Ensure that all required attachments are included.