Established in 2012, the AMI Scholarship Program was created to celebrate AMI’s commitment to making accessible media for all Canadians. In 2016, the program was renamed the AMI Robert Pearson Memorial Scholarship in honour of Robert Pearson, AMI’s first Accessibility Officer.
In 2023, AMI will award two $5,000 bursaries to two deserving students with a permanent disability; one from the English community and one from the French. Each recipient will also receive a Queen size Tempur-Pedic ProAdapt mattress, valued at around $2,799.
How to Apply
The scholarship program is open to Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada with a permanent disability who are currently registered in and returning to a full-time program of study at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college or university.
The application includes the following components:
- Providing your contact information.
- Providing information on the school/program you are enrolled in or accepted to.
- Completion of an academic good standing form by a staff member of your high school or current/past post-secondary institution.
- Uploading a proof of enrolment letter or acceptance letter.
- Providing the name and email address of an academic or community reference.
- Answering 3 required short essay questions and 1 optional short essay question.
- Indicating whether you are interested in summer internship opportunities for students with disabilities offered by Canada Post.
- Answering self declaration questions on topics such as your type of disability and ethnicity.
The 2023 application window is now open. The process concludes on Wednesday, May 31, at 5 p.m. Eastern.
If you have any questions while completing your application, you can contact the financial assistance programs team at email@example.com