The Women in STEM Scholarship supports women and gender-diverse individuals pursuing careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields where their gender is underrepresented or who are working to advance gender equality in their chosen field.
- $125,000 is available for this scholarship
- 50 women will receive $2,500 each for their studies
How to Apply
- Applicants identify as a woman or gender-diverse individual studying in STEM.
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible).
- Be a resident of Alberta. To be considered, one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for 6 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies
- the student’s spouse or partner has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for 6 consecutive months prior to the person attending post-secondary
- Be a registered (full or part-time) student in an approved post-secondary institution located in Alberta, including Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training’s Apprenticeship Education Programs.
- Indigenous women, racialized women and women living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
- There is no age limit.
Important: Applications are only accepted through the Grant Administration Tracking and Evaluation (GATE) online application system. Email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 pm Mountain Time on Friday, December 8, 2023, to request your GATE registration. Include:
- your legal name
- the scholarships you are applying for
- your email address – ensure email address is correct as successful applicants will be receiving tax related documentation via email
Your GATE username and password will be sent to the email address provided.