The Alice Donald Bursary is available to physically disabled students in their second-year at Yukon University.
Born in Victoria, BC in 1912, Mrs. Donald moved to Whitehorse in 1976 following brain surgery that left her without the use of her right arm, limited use of her right leg, and a severe speech impediment. She was well known for her production of hooked wall hangings, which she would craft with her non-dominant hand.
How to Apply
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Completed previous semester at Yukon University
- Second-year student
- Be one of:
- Studying in a health-related program
- NOTE: Priority will be given to physically-disabled applicants
- Demonstrated financial need
- Completed student financial award application form
- Completed student financial award application waiver form
- Completed budget sheet
- Indicate if you are a physically-disabled student
Applications can be submitted in person at the Office of the Registrar, Ayamdigut Campus, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yukon University Student Services