It’s the biggest scholarship we’ve ever seen! Are you up for the challenge?
Collect 1 million laptops, smartphones, tablets, and other devices to donate for your chance to win 1 million dollars. There’s also a $100,000 scholarship available if you can gather 100,000 devices. You can organize corporate pickups, reach out to individuals, or even run charity drives—then connect with ERA to ship them at no charge.
How many devices will you collect? Register today to get started.
How to Apply
- The competition is open to students who reside within Canada.
- $1 Million Dollar scholarship – Collect 1 million laptops and smartphones (suitable for donation) Canada-wide, and win.
- $100K Dollar scholarship for 100K approved devices
- desktop computers
- retro gaming consoles and computers, handheld gaming devices
- corporate computer equipment
- servers, switches, business routers
- scientific equipment
1. Get individuals and businesses to download the ERA App iOs or Android or website form. Enter scholarship ID. Request a shipping label. ERA will collect items from homes and businesses on your behalf at no charge for approved items. Non-approved items will be accepted for a fee, but will still count towards the scholarship totals if the fees are paid. (credit card e-transfer, etc)
2. Organize corporate pickups on behalf of ERA, collecting computers for donations to our list of 500+ charities and nonprofits. ERA will pick up 10 or more computing devices from any company Canada-wide, and offer hard drive destruction for any amount of hard drives contained in the computing devices. 100 devices, 100 hard drives shredded at no charge.
3. Organize community events or collection events for computers and electronics
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- ERA will announce the winners of this scholarship in October 2023 on our social media platforms and website (subject to change).
- ERA will contact the winners of this scholarship. If the winner does not answer within a week they will be disqualified.
- If you win the competition, you will be tagged in all communication related to the scholarship.
- If you enter, ERA will own the rights to all marketing material submitted and can use these marketing materials as they wish. This includes any social media accounts you create for the 2023 ERA scholarship competition. Passwords for these accounts must be turned over to ERA at the end of the competition or you will be disqualified.