CHFT recognizes that the strength of our membership is reflected in the many cultures and identities represented within our co-ops. CHFT encourages applications from these diverse communities.
The purpose of the CHFT Diversity Scholarship is to recognize people living in co-ops who are actively promoting diversity through work within their community. We want to help them with their post-secondary education by providing them with award money and assistance with financial planning.
How to Apply
To be eligible for a Diversity Scholarship, applicants must:
- live in a CHFT member co-op
- plan to attend a recognized, publicly funded, Canadian, post-secondary education institution – community college, university or approved apprenticeship-training program – on a full-time basis in the 2022/2023 academic year
- have used their knowledge and understanding of diversity to make a positive contribution to their school and/or local community
- have demonstrated a financial need.
Students will have to show us
- they are already registered full time
- a transcript, showing passing marks for the program
- accounts with the college or university are up to date.
Terms & Conditions:
- We will not process any incomplete, late or faxed applications.
- You are not eligible to re-apply if you have already won a CHFT Diversity Scholarship.
- There is no minimum or maximum age to apply.
- If your co-op falls out of membership at any time, you will not be eligible for any funds.
- We accept applications from graduate students.
- If you are already attending college or university, the scholarship is pro-rated for your undergraduate program. For example, someone part way through a program would be funded for the remaining years of that program.
- You may be asked to come in for an interview a few weeks after the deadline.
- If you are invited to an interview, you will be asked to provide two reference letters.
- Scholarship decisions may only be made by the Co-operative Housing Federation of Toronto and that these decisions are final.
- Scholarship funds will only be granted to me if I am enrolled full time, in a publicly funded Canadian college, university or approved apprentice-training program for the upcoming academic year.
- Names and photographs of the scholarship recipients will be published.
- Scholarship recipients will participate in CHFT functions, if attendance is requested.